Friday, November 27, 2009

Heartache and Thanksgiving

Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.  Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.” -Matthew 11:28-30
Though I have much thanks and praise for God in my conception and the birth of our son Jackson, today my heart feels slightly empty, a piece is missing and I hurt.  I must admit it's not easy to "celebrate" when a dream feels shattered.

My spirit understands the Truth however, and I know that while our son Jackson Jeffrey is with Jesus, it is God who gives me the strength to move forward with my life to represent HIM. 

So in the celebration of Thanksgiving and all that God has done in my life and within me, I will continue to praise Him through this heartache of mine and ask Him to heal our hearts during the most joyous of seasons.  What better reason to celebrate than to celebrate the season of the birth of OUR Savior who gave His life so we may KNOW and LIVE with God in heaven.

There IS a reason for the season as the saying goes.  It's what gives me the strength and joy and pleasure to celebrate at a moment I don't really feel much like celebrating.

Dear Lord, let MY life be a testimony shared with others for YOUR GLORY.  Thank YOU for everything in my life.  For I AM a mommy and I DO have a son who is now in heaven with Jesus.  Give me strength through rough days and help me to learn your ways o' Lord. So that I may be a light in this fallen world.  In Jesus name I pray...AMEN

Praise Be To God!

No comments:

Post a Comment