Sunday, May 13, 2012

Gods Unfailing Love On Mother's Day

Broken Hearts.  The thing about a broken heart is knowing it's slow to heal.  In many cases, the pain almost NEVER goes away. It's still there, just resides within somewhere. I like to say in the pit of my stomach.  Each new day brings on new healing, wisdom, newfound strength or a love you almost never knew existed.

Today is Mother's Day. A day I'm most grateful for 1. Having the opportunity to conceive not one child but now two.   2. Knowing our son Jackson is with his Heavenly Father if he cannot be with us.  3. Getting the chance to know and bond with both our children.  4. Having an AMAZING husband who has been patient, kind and loving not to mention extremely supportive.

I could honestly go on and on.

The moral of this story is that while I'm celebrating Motherhood. I am yet celebrating Life AND Death. The opportunity to mother our beautiful daughter while also allowing myself to grieve the passing of a big brother Amelia will never have the opportunity to know until she goes home one day to be with the Lord. A son with whom I cherish and think about very often.

No, the pain will NEVER go away, but it does get easier to move forward knowing that one day I too will be home with the Lord and be able to meet my son again. I bask in the joy and delight of the gift that was given to me if only for a short time.

If our new "baby bear" is who you'd like to hear more about, please see my other blog, Sunshine & Lollipops which is specifically dedicated to our lives as a new family. I plan to keep this one as a means of ministry and hope for those women whom like me, wonder if there's hope beyond the pain. My answer is YES!


    For the Lord does not abandon anyone forever. Though he brings grief, he also shows compassion according to the greatness of his unfailing love."
    Lamentations 3:22-26; 31-32

No comments:

Post a Comment