Saturday, January 1, 2011

Welcoming 2011

Happy New Year!!

As I look back at 2010, I look at a year filled with newfound understanding.  2010 was a year of "healing" for Doug and I.  For me, I found that I was starting all over again. Learning who I am, who I wanted to be and understanding life, death and the afterlife.  From my grief, I found new peace as I started walking step by step, day by day, month by month and so on.

Christmas took on new meaning for me in 2010 also.  One of HOPE, renewal, a gift of life everlasting and a glimpse into exactly what we'd like Christmas to mean in our own family.

As I ponder on yester-year already, I look at this woman who was afraid.  I was afraid to disappoint, afraid to learn, afraid to accomplish most tasks. By the end of 2010 I found that I had come out of that shell of fear to protect myself from hurt and learned to take a risk and follow through on things I may not have otherwise done.  This may not mean much to anyone else, but to me it's a HUGE barrier that's been broken.  I see where God has helped me change and continues to mold me into HIS adopted daughter.

When the ball dropped in Times Square, I was standing in the living room with my husband and cheered for the New Year to arrive.  My husband kissed me and I just knew that this year will be different. The healing that took place has set the foundation, along with our faith in Christ, for an attitude of gratitude in this New Year.  You see, if I never would've gone through the "valley" I don't think I ever would have understood the season I'm in now. Looking back, God has blessed us with SO MUCH! In our time of need, He most certainly provided. 

I look at this year and know that this is the beginning of a new chapter in my life.  I have nothing to fear and look forward to accomplishing new projects, overcoming new obsticles and hoping dreams come true for 2011.

God bless!  May all your dreams come true in 2011


1 comment:

Intentional Living Homestead said...

Wow, what an incredible post. You truly are an amazing woman. You write so deep from your spirit. I am so blessed to have found your blog.

A gift for me today.

Also, please let me know about the JJ Chain, I am very interested.

((hugs))

Connie

Post a Comment