Saturday, January 16, 2010

His Eye Is On The Sparrow



Doug and I trudged through the snow as we visited Jackson Jeffrey's grave.  For the winter, we added a simplistic cross made out of twigs, some pine cuttings and hollyberries.  We made a heart in the snow.

The candle in the snow was placed there one day and we didn't know how it got there.  All of a sudden a woman came over, hugged me and started to cry.

"You've been on my mind", she said.  Turns out she too lost her little girl at 22 weeks gestation.  We had alot in common. Then she proceeded to tell us her mom had passed away without notice from cancer.  her WHOLE family purchased plots the first two rows and she will be our neighbor when we are laid to rest.

I found it neat.  The place is beautiful and peaceful.  I find solace there thinking of Jackson being with Jesus if he can't be with us.

Meeting our new friend was bitter-sweet, but I look forward to getting to know her and her family.

Rest in Peace Dear Loved Ones.  May Jesus continue to comfort those left behind!

No comments:

Post a Comment